Roshen Dalal was born in Mussoorie and studied in various schools across the country. After a BA (Hons) in history from the University of Bombay, she completed an MA and PhD in ancient Indian history from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She has taught at both school and university, and been involved in research in the fields of history, religion and philosophy, and education. Apart from books, she has written numerous articles and book reviews. After working as an editor for a several years, she is now a full-time writer, living in Dehradun, along with six cats and one dog.
My books are listed below:
- The Puffin History of India, vol 1 [Penguin Books India, 1997,2002, 2014].
- The Puffin History of India, vol 2 [Penguin Books India,2003, 2014].
- The Puffin History of the World, vol 1 [Penguin Books, India, 2014].
- The Puffin History of the World, vol 2 [Penguin Books, India,2014]
- The Religions of India: A Concise Guide to Nine Major Faiths [Penguin Books, India, 2006,2010,2014].
- Hinduism: An Alphabetical Guide[Penguin Books India,2010,2014].
- The Compact Timeline History of the World [Worth Press, Ltd, 2010]
- The Vedas: An Introduction to Hinduism’s Sacred Texts [Penguin Books, India, 2014].
- A Historical Geography of the Ganga Yamuna Doab [PhD thesis].
- A History of Rishi Valley School [in Rishi Valley archives].